What services do we provide for employers?
WIOA staff members work with employers, new business and industry, and other agencies to make sure this area’s workforce is well-trained and ready to work.
Downsizing and Layoff Assistance
We offer assistance to employers who must downsize or layoff employees. Employees also receive individual assistance through the American Job Centers.
We offer several types of training to employers to improve the skills of their workforce. They are described below. To schedule a meeting to discuss your employee training needs, contact Bobby Williams at 423-317-1069 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Connie O’Vercum at 423-317-1096 or connie.o’email@example.com.
- On-the-job Training
- Incumbent Worker Training
- Customized Training
- National Career Readiness Certificates
- Jobseekers have an opportunity to complete a NCRC as a part of the assessment process at the American Job Centers. Sandra Hook can assist jobseekers and employers to schedule NCRC’s. Contact her at 423-317-1079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Incentives, Tax Credits & Programs
The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development administers a number of programs for employers. The department’s website at http://www.tn.gov/workforce provides a great deal of helpful information. American Job Center staff can provide assistance with many of these programs, including:
- Work Opportuity Tax Credit
- Tennessee Drug Free Workplace
- Federal Bonding
Employer Resources and Hiring
The American Job Center and American Job Center partners offer a wide variety of resources for employers. Some of the most popular resources include:
- Virtual Recruiting
- Labor Market Information
- Tennessee Career Coach
- Pre-screening of Applicants
- Testing & Assessment
- Job Fairs & Hiring Events
- Job Orders