If you are 14-24 years old and….
Wondering about what you’re going to do after high school?
Worried about your grades?
Looking for a job?
Given up on high school?
We can probably help!
Our case managers provide ten important basic services: Tutoring, study skills training, instruction, evidence-based dropout prevention and recovery strategies that lead to completion of the requirements for a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent (including a recognized certificate of attendance or similar document for individuals with disabilities) or for a recognized post-secondary credential.
· Alternative secondary school services, or dropout recovery services, as appropriate.
· Paid and unpaid work experiences that have as a component academic and occupational education, which may include:
1. Summer employment opportunities and other employment opportunities available throughout the school year;
2. Pre-apprenticeship programs;
3. Internships and job shadowing; and
4. On-the-job training opportunities.
· Occupational skill training, as appropriate, particularly training that leads to industry recognized credentials aligned with in-demand industry sectors.
· Education offered concurrently with and in the same context as workforce preparation activities and training for a specific occupation or occupational cluster.
· Leadership development opportunities, which may include community service and peer-centered activities encouraging responsibility and other positive social and civic behaviors, as appropriate.
· Supportive services.
· Adult mentoring for a minimum duration of 12 months that may occur both during and after program participation.
· Follow-up services for a minimum duration of 12 months after the completion of participation, as appropriate.
· Comprehensive guidance and counseling, which may include drug and alcohol abuse counseling and referral, as appropriate.
· Financial literacy education.
· Entrepreneurial skills training.
· Services that provide labor market and employment information about in-demand industry sectors or occupations available in the local area, such as:
1. career awareness;
2. career counseling;
3. career exploration services.
· Activities that help youth prepare for and transition to post-secondary education and training.